SHUMS

SHUMS
I love having people visit us here. I also love getting back in contact with all of you. Please re-invite me to your blogs. I have tried to get on to several of them and I cant...

Tuesday 18 December 2007

December

First things first. I love the weather here in the winter. I think 75 degrees and Palm trees in december is the way to go!!! Well, I don't really know what to say about this month. Taylor works and works. Jack and I are always on the go. I have picked up teaching English just a bit and Jack models here and there. We also have a play group we try to attend once a week. We try to fit in the park a few days a week for him. He loves the swings. There is a shortage of swings sets here in Taipei. I just happen to live one block from a park with one. Jack goes higher than any of the Taiwanese kids and it really freaks out their nannies (grandparents)!! I think its funny.
We did have the Nativity a week ago. you can read about that down below here.
We have the missionaries over for lunch once a month. They have mostly all been from the western United States. So that has been fun to talk to them. These last few have all been from Idaho. We have a good time filling them up on American breakfast and Mexican food.
We have Christmas break coming up. Taylor has a week of paid vacation for Christmas. We are going to take a trip around the whole island. Including a stop for a few days at Liudau (Green Island). It is only a couple of miles across. I have heard a lot about this island and Taylor has been there before. I am really excited to snorkle and lay on the beach for Christmas.
We do miss Christmas in the States though. It is not the same here. The malls all have Christmas sales and we see lights up and trees in businesses. The spirit of the season and the spirit of the event, is just not there. They don't even know why they do it, oh well. One of Taylor's students gave him a Christmas globe with a bear in it. It plays "We wish you a Merry Christmas". That is about as festive as it gets for us. Don't think of it as sad... its all part of the adventure. We miss you all at this time of year and wish you a Merry Christmas!!!!

(for all the old people out there ( you know who you are) click play twice to see this video)

6 comments:

Stew and Terry said...

The video is not long enough. Yhanks so much. I love you too

kate said...

Hello!!! I'm so glad that I found you guys on here! How are you adventures so far away! It looks amazing over there! Lucky you! I hope that you guys are doing well and enjoying your time together! I'd love to keep in touch with you all!

kate said...

Hey! Of course you can add me.. ( Sorry I already took the liberty of adding you :) ) . Hope your Christmas was wonderful even though you were far away from home!

Nicole Cave said...

Hope you guys had a great holiday...miss seeing you guys every now and then. What are your plans when you come back to the states!?

Shums said...

that is so adorable! I can't believe how big he is. I love the vids, keep em coming!

Maren & Danny said...

Oh my-look who I stumbled onto this afternoon as I was surfin' the blogs! It is my long lost friend! :0) How are you?! I can't believe you live so far away! Jack is adorable & definately looks like Greg & Garth! Sounds like you are doing great-you look stunning as always! I would love to hear from you...come check me out at www.canyoukeepupwithjones.blogspot.com. Talk to you soon...