SHUMS

SHUMS
I love having people visit us here. I also love getting back in contact with all of you. Please re-invite me to your blogs. I have tried to get on to several of them and I cant...

Sunday 2 December 2007

So HAPPY THANKSGIVING for all you Americans out there. Our anniversary this year fell on T-day. So, we decided to celebrate that instead. So no Turkey for us, just sushi and soft-shell crab.... yum yum!!! Our month has been stuffed full of busy busy!!! Tay has been working non stop and I have taken up teaching an English class on Saturday mornings. I have twelve twelve year olds. I have a blast with them. Last week I taught them how to say... "that chick is smokin hot" and "that car is phat". They didn't really get it but I laughed!!! So, between our church callings and our busy life we barely have time to sleep (but we fit it in).

We are getting ready for the live Nativity our ward puts on for Taipei. It is a big deal and we are excited to be a part of it. I am in the choir. Not because I can sing, really I have no talent in that area, I just felt like I should help out. Now I can see where they need people in other areas. I am committed though, so I will belt out the wrong notes for all four performances. Tay is going to be a Wise Man... he is wise so this fits him. Plus, he has a beard! Jack is going to be at the nursery. Not too much involvement for baby J.

The weather here is something I will miss. It is December and I think our lows are 60-65 degrees. I love watching the people here wearing big puffy coats and scarfs. We point and laugh (only because we are sick of being pointed at ourselves). It does rain often which makes it feel colder than it is, but not too bad.

Christmas is upon us now and I must say, maybe it is the fact that I am surrounded by Buddhists or that I am so far from home, it does not feel like Christmas at all. We are still trying to figure out what we should do the big day. We are trying to get out of town... we'll see.

We love you all... T. T. F. N.

2 comments:

T.K. said...

Hi joc my love, Happy late anniversary! Wow time flys huh? You look so great and the rest of the fam too. Take care I am so glad to hear you are all doing so well. luv u T.k.
P.s. I have a blog too, i don't know if you knew or not.
It is kaytk.blogspot.com

Stew and Terry said...

Love your comments. I love to hear what your doing. The family picture was darling. It's an interesting christmas. We are so grateful for what we know. The nativity sounds so cool. We are so proud of you all. Much love!