SHUMS

SHUMS
I love having people visit us here. I also love getting back in contact with all of you. Please re-invite me to your blogs. I have tried to get on to several of them and I cant...

Monday 7 January 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Ok I admit it... it did get cold here last week. Right after we returned home from our really warm Vacation the temp dropped. We now have winter in Taiwan... a freezing 59 degrees. It was a cold front that came in for about a week... now however the weather is back up to 70 and all is well. Happy New Year to you!!!! We did get involved in the New Year fun here in Taipei. We, amongst 3 million other people, went to the Taipei 101 building to ring in the new year. We not only felt like sardines, we literally could pick up our feet and not drop to the pavement. There were so many people out on the streets that the radio was giving advice on what to do in a stampeed. The city shut down all the surrounding streets of the 101 Building. We live about five blocks away and our streets where filled with people. It was a fun way to spend our last minutes of 07. The 101 building is Taiwan's pride and joy. Up until the last couple of months it was the tallest building in the world. This is the last year (supposidly) for the firework show. We just had to be there. That night the Subway system here set a record of moving 1.6 million passangers to that location just in the hour leading up to and after the celebration. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! LOVE TAY BEAN AND JACK.

6 comments:

Stew and Terry said...

This is the coolest. How fun for you to share these experiences with us. We love you guys. J will have the coolest memories in the hereafter. Ha! But you and Beanie will have so much to tell him.

Kendra and Caleb said...

We were so sad to miss this and really jealous of you! Looks like you had a blast.

Mary Stuart said...

What an adventure your time in Taipaei has been! It is really neat hearing your stories!! Miss you guys!

Melinda said...

Yeah new posts! I was wondering how the New Year was for you guys... those pictures of the sunrise at the pacific was a trip. Isn't it crazy to think we share the same ocean... but are just on other sides of it. I miss you! Tell J and Tay hi from Robbie and I! Love you!

Melinda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maren & Danny said...

Hey Jocelyn! I has been so fun to get caught up with you here on your blog. I am totally jealous of this great adventure you are on in Taipei. I feel like I haven't seen you forever! I saw Greg at Costco the other day but I don't think he recognized me cuz he just looked at me like 'Do I know you & why are you smiling at me?' I think I creeped him out! :0) Anyway-come see me at www.canyoukeepupwithjones.blogspot.com. See ya...