SHUMS

SHUMS
I love having people visit us here. I also love getting back in contact with all of you. Please re-invite me to your blogs. I have tried to get on to several of them and I cant...

Tuesday 11 March 2008

Hong Kong


I was blessed to travel to Hong Kong this last weekend to the Asia Womens Conference. I have to admit that I was mostly excited for the shopping that I have heard so much about. However, when I arrived at the first session Thursday night, I became just excited to be there at all. Over the three days of the conference, we heard from the Asia Area Presidency and all their wives. We also heard from the Hong Kong Mission President, the Hong Kong Temple President and their wives. I also attended a couple of classes from amazing women with stories that I know were just for me. It was neat to meet people who are living abroad from the States and Canada. They live in Tailand, China, Phillipines, Taiwan, Malaysia. It was three days full of the spirit nad I totally needed a refill.
We did get in a half a day of shopping and some fun dinners. Then we just walked around the city. Hong Kong is a beautiful city. I could really see the European influence there. It reaminded me of San Francisco a bit. If we could afford to live there, I would in a heartbeat. Heres my show..... by the way, we call these "Chinese fingers"

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. I got to visit Hong Kong a few years back and LOVED it as well. It's very fun and beautiful city.

Unknown said...

Joc and Tay, I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU TO COME HOME!!! When are you going to be here?

Greg and Torrey said...

wow...sounds like a fun trip! i bet it was nice to get away for a bit... wish greg would send me to hong kong for some shopping and a spiritual boost. we can't wait to see you guys!

Brooke said...

Hi Jocyln it's Brooke Eggertz Droubay, I stubbled on your blog and it is so neat to catch up on what your up to! I can't beleive your in Taiwan! Your little guy is soo cute! We have a blog as well droubayfam.blogspot keep in touch