SHUMS

SHUMS
I love having people visit us here. I also love getting back in contact with all of you. Please re-invite me to your blogs. I have tried to get on to several of them and I cant...

Thursday 1 May 2008

Welcome to the United States



As soon as we landed on American soil in L.A. we knew we were back in the USA!!! Immediately we were treated like crap and not one person stopped us to touch our baby and tell us how amazing he is. Home sweet home!!

The first week we dedicated a lot of time to recovering from Jet Lag and catching up with family. We had two nieces and a nephew we got to meet for the first time. So much changes in just a year.

We attended the Southern Utah Kite festival. Much different than festivals in Taiwan. Jack got to ride in a 55 gallon berral cut in half and pulled buy a tractor. He hated it. He did like seeing all the kites in the sky though. We decided it was time to leave when a huge dust devil kicked up and was heading right for the festivities

Jack loves playing outside and riding his bike down the sidewalk. He also loves running through the sprinklers and playing with cousins. He likes playing so much that he was running at his cousins birthday party last week fell and split open his eyebrow. Three stitches later with NO insurance yet... life is good.

So here we are dwelling among the beautiful red rocks of Southern Utah looking for our next adventure!!!


8 comments:

Nicole Cave said...

Everyone gets to do stiches as a parent...he is getting so big!!

kate said...

Yipee! Finally a new post! I looks like you guys are having fun being home although I'm sure it was hard to leave! Congrats on the new one one the way! That's awesome!

Allison said...

congratulations on the baby! and welcome home! call me sometime, we can get the boys together for a play date.

Jennifer said...

I'm so excited to keep in touch via blogging! Your first paragraph literally made me laugh out loud! Sometimes the "paparazzi" here that swarm my kids gets hard to handle, but I think we will miss it when we leave too and just become "regular" people again. I hope Jack's owie heals soon!

Jessica said...

Glad you guys made it back to the states safely. Congrats on #2! We're expecting #2 as well and our due dates are only 2 days apart. Cool!

Carr Family said...

So you've been back for a little while...tell me how you really feel? I think it would be hard to leave such a cool place and experience. Hope you're having a great time back and I can't wait to see you guys. August maybe? Congrats on the little one coming your way.

Mary Stuart said...

Welcome back! I have been wondering when you guys were gooing to be home! I will have to give you a call. We are planning on coming up to Utah soon. Congrats on the baby! Charles and I are expecting another boy in August, if you did not already know that!!!

Maren & Danny said...

Welcome home! I think Kjarsten & his fiance are going to go to Taiwan to teach in the fall-they are super excited. I am sure it would be bitter-sweet to come home. I hope to see ya sometime! Congrats on #2!