SHUMS

SHUMS
I love having people visit us here. I also love getting back in contact with all of you. Please re-invite me to your blogs. I have tried to get on to several of them and I cant...

Thursday 1 May 2008

Forever Made in Taiwan


The title if this entry is fitting for two reasons. I hope to explain...
Ending our journey in Taiwan was not easy. I cried all the way to the airport. We were so busy getting ready to move and Taylor's parents and brother came to visit our last week as well. We were too busy to think much about leaving. Now reflecting on our time there I feel like we were "made in Taiwan". We were only there a year but our lives will be forever touched and changed because of it.
Our testimonies were strengthened greatly. We really learned what we are made of and how much the Lord loves us. We are forever inspired by the wonderful ward members who dedicate so much to the church. We will always remember the examples they are and hope to keep those friendships alive. We truly felt the love of a Heavenly family in Taipei and we want to pass that on to our friends and family here. We thank the Taipei English ward from the bottom of our hearts.
When we did come to the difficult decision of leaving we also felt inspired to extend our family. Perfect timing? We thought so. Our Doctor told us that it would take us months to get pregnant after an IUD (ask your mom, if you don't know what that is). Well, it actually only took a couple of weeks. Today we are 14 weeks along and doing great. So our little souvenir will be born around November 5th. We feel so blessed.
Our adventure in Taiwan has ended for now but we hope to return "home" someday.
Zaijian 再見

7 comments:

Nicole Cave said...

Oh that post made me cry. I hope we can see eachother soon. Please call if you ever head out to Vegas. I am so excited for you both and Jack to have a new little one. Whenever I think of all the posterity that was started with grandma and grandpa...it is amazing how much the family has grown...grandma must be smiling down on us!!

The Facks of Life said...

Yay! Pregnant again. That means our babies will only be 3 months apart. Exciting! I will be in St. George over memorial weekend. Friday the 23- Sunday the 25th. We have to get together! Go glad your back and I can't wait to see you all. Love ya!

Phill, Allie, and kids said...

Congratulations! Having 2 munchkins is alot of fun! Welcome back to the U.S. of A. And that's such a great souvenir you've brought from Taiwan! The best ever!

Jennifer said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! We are so excited for your new beautiful baby to arrive. We miss you though!

Laura Taylor said...

Congrats Joc!! I'm only due a couple weeks after you! Glad you guys made it safely back from Taiwan. Send me an email and I will invite you to read my blog. I check yours now and then to see what you're up to. jasylvester@skyviewmail.com

Kendra and Caleb said...

Congrats! How exciting for you guys. We'll have to get together sometime and reminisce about Taiwan!!

Jennie said...

Congrats Bean! What a wonderful souvenier to bring home.