SHUMS

SHUMS
I love having people visit us here. I also love getting back in contact with all of you. Please re-invite me to your blogs. I have tried to get on to several of them and I cant...

Wednesday 18 July 2007

I am so blessed


I am sitting here waiting for my baby to wake up. He is sleeping much later than usual (we were out late). Looking at his cute little mohawk with really no hair to support it. He is so beautiful to me. Yesterday we were learning where our belly buttons are located. I love watching him search for his. He giggles when I find it first and tickle him. I have found such a new joy in being a mother. My heart bursts wide open when I really sit and think about precious gift that my Heavenly Father has entrusted me with. I wonder who is teaching who. I have learned so much more from him than I could ever teach him. I count my blessings every day and thank God for him. He makes me laugh out loud daily. He loves to walk everywhere we go. and ride his little "Mr Peanut" scooter down the sidewalks of Taiwan. What a stud! We wont stay in Taiwan forever. We will bring him home to the rest of his family where you can enjoy him and love him as much as we do. My heart aches when I think about the fact that Tay and I are the only members of our families who get to enjoy this beautiful boy. Because we do live literally a whole world away. I just wanted to share a piece of my soul to say I am so blessed.

6 comments:

Shums said...

I love that you wrote this! I've been very worried about what the heck I'm gonna do with this huge responsibility entering our lives. Thank you for sharing, it's a great comfort. We can't believe how much Jack has grown! We miss you guys, and even though we hope all is well over there, we can't wait till you're back!

Nicole Cave said...

You are very blessed and as long as you know that you will be a great mother. I think the fact that you realize he is a blessing and you are entrusted by Heavenly Father with him, shows alot of maturity ang growth. It's amazing how kids can do that to us. He is so cute, and I would love to see him soon. When do you guys plan on coming back to the states?

Linda said...

I just want to hold him. So cute!

Mary Stuart said...

I think every mom has these defining moments! I know for me they don;t happen everyday, but when they do, I feel all warm and fuzzy too! My life would be so empty without little Cal! Amen Bean!

Mary Stuart said...

Hey Bean! To post videos: I have a video camera on my digital and I just use those. I upload them to youtube. On you tube you can put some securites on there, but you have to post them publicly or else people will not be able to view them on yourblog. it is pretty self explanitory on the site. You were able to crete a slide, so a video should be easy.

Jennie said...

Joce, thanks for sharing! You are a great mom. Can't wait until you come back...but for now, keep enjoying your little guy in Taiwan!