SHUMS

SHUMS
I love having people visit us here. I also love getting back in contact with all of you. Please re-invite me to your blogs. I have tried to get on to several of them and I cant...

Tuesday 31 July 2007

July update

We went to see the Terracotta Warriors which have been on display here for the month of July. It is truely amazing. If you ever get the chance to see it, it is considered the eighth wonder of the world, totally worth it. Our photos are outside in the courtyard of the Natural History Museum in Taipei. I have added a few extra photos of jack for your viewing pleasure. This last month was SOOO hot. The heat reminds me of Las Vegas in July. 105 degrees with 100% humidity. Not so bad except that we walk everywhere we go. It gets unbearable really fast. We are fortunate however, we do have AC in our apartment. We are doing well though and we do get out, despite the heat. I have learned a load of new bus routs so I have cut down my walking by a lot. Jack is learning to love public transit. My favorite find has been the bus to Costco. Many of you will not understand how AWESOME that is for us. Costco for me is like a little piece of home. It looks just the same as the states and the food court is almost the same. I love it!!! I did however, loose my cell phone on bus #204 on the way to Costco. If anyone finds it please let me know. That experience was not the greatest. Taylor was out of town for the weekend and I had to borrow some ladies phone at the mall to call Tay and let him know. We do not have a land line, so I was without communication until Tay got home two days later.... I know the grandmas are going to flip over this.... please no phone calls. I have a new phone now with a new #. We are well and hope you enjoy our little blog.... see ya

4 comments:

Melinda said...

It looks like you are having so much fun... everything is so green out there. I could look at the pictures of Jack forever... I love the one with him and Tay. He is getting so big. Keep the updates coming! We miss you!

rongillespie said...

Hey Costco, WOW, a little of home to make you feel good, make sure you eat one of the hot dog outside in the front. Hey Jack, he's a cool dude, The Man, The Traveler. Love His pictures. You guys look great and having fun. Don't sweat to much. Send more pictures and your everyday events on the blog. see ya Ron&Mindy

Phill, Allie, and kids said...

Seriously you guys are having an experience of a lifetime! It is beautiful over there. You never realize how cool and pretty red dirt is until you live away from home huh? You look so good and happy!

Mary Stuart said...

It is so awesome you are surrounded by such culture and art. I learned about the soldiers in an art class and would have love to see them too some day! I can't believe Jack is walking!